Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

HAWTHORNE, Joshua Wayne, The Golden Boy
Joshua Wayne Hawthorne
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

The Golden Boy

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Joshua Wayne Hawthorne
Nicknames Josh, Joshie, Jay, Ponyboy, Ladybrows, Applejack, Hulk Jr., Hayseed
Birthday June 21st
Birthplace Huntington, West Virginia
Age Seventeen
School You Attend Landsburg High
Current Grade Senior
Height 6'2"
Build Fairly muscular but lean
Distinguishing Features Bright blue eyes; Sandy blonde hair; Slightly uneven jaw; Freckle-like birthmarks sporadically over chest and back
Playby Paddy Mitchell

Family

• Michael Hawthorne, father
  • Celia Hawthorne nee Petit, mother
  • Gabriel Hawthorne, older brother
  • Paul Hawthorne, older brother
  • Michael Hawthorne, older brother
  • Samuel Hawthorne, younger brother
  • Huckleberry, dog

The Interview

WHY DON'T WE GET THE BASICS OUT OF THE WAY.
Hey, I'm Josh, I'm sure if you go to Landsburg, you probably know me. There's nothing really too special about my name - my brothers and I were all named after angels but our middle names don't really have much in common. I think Ma picked the first names, Dad took the middle or something. As for more about me, I'm a senior at Landsburg high school, captain of the football team and a generally nice guy, I think. I'm definitely not mean by any stretch of the imagination. I've got more of a southern drawl than my other brothers do, not really sure why, guess it was just the friends I had back in West Virginia were a lot more southern than Mikey's friends. We were the only two who were born there, anyway.

I HEAR YOU HAD QUITE THE CHILDHOOD...
Well, I was born in Huntington, West Virginia, just like my slightly older brother Mike. Not long after, we wound up moving to Hawaii, where the yongest of our little brood, Sammy, was born. We moved around a lot, but I always kept in touch with my old friends, you know? I've always been really good about that. When you're always floating around like that, military brat and all, you have to rely on your old friends to keep you sane.

Dad's been training me almost my whole life to be a fighter, like he's done with my brother's before me. Ever since I could walk, I've been hitting the gym bag, or lifting weights, doing whatever it takes to get myself where my dad wants me to be. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit of a Daddy's Boy, but he's a good man, when he ain't yelling his head off.

Anyway, we moved to Chicago a couple years ago, and I fit in almost instantly. I fit into sports pretty easy, and I made friends quick. I guess I'm just a real easy going guy, it's kinda hard not to like me.

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES?
I like a lot of things, though I guess my favorite's my dog Huckleberry. He's a Goldendoodle, half retriever, half poodle, and he's been my best friend for as long as I remember. He's real sweet, everyone seems to like him. I like going down to the lake a lot, swimming, camping, lots of outdoor shit. I love my truck even if everyone calls me a hick for having it. I think my second favorite thing is my guitar, though. It's acoustic, kinda beat to shit but it still sounds amazing. I love singing too, though I'm kind of apprehensive about letting people hear it.

Dislikes? This one'll be hard. I hate racism, it was something I heard a lot back home and it really makes me sick. I'm not too fond of cold weather, hate wearing a ton of layers. I hate muscle fatigue from over-working my muscles and health food. But more than all that, I hate fighting with my family.

HOW ABOUT SOME TURN ONS AND TURN OFFS?
I love dark hair on a girl, I dunno what it is but I find it really attractive. Short girls, too. I guess I kind of like the height difference. I mean, being over six foot tall makes it pretty easy to find girls shorter than me, but I'd have to say under five and a half feet. I like accents too, or foreign languages really. And I guess I have a bit of a hero complex and tend to go for girls who are damsels in distress.

As for turn-offs, I'm not a huge fan of blondes - nothing against them, but there's just something more special about a girl with dark hair. I guess it's an exotic thing? I can't stand snooty girls who think they're better than everyone else. And I really can't stand girls that think they're not worth anything.

I HEAR YOU'VE GOT SOME NASTY HABITS...
I've got a few. When Mikey and I fight, I rub my jaw subconsciously - he accidentally broke it in a spar a couple years ago and now it's crooked. I've been told I'm a mush-mouth, that my southern accent gets in the way of what I'm saying. I ramble a lot. I play my guitar when I'm nervous or bored, or angry. Really I just play my guitar a lot. I don't smoke cigarettes, but I've been known to smoke other things on occasion, but usually when I drink. Like I said, I've got a big time hero complex and tend to talk without thinking.

WHAT ABOUT PHOBIAS? HAVE ANY OF THOSE?
My biggest fear right now is my brother Mikey. I'm not scared of him, I'm scared for him. He's off at bootcamp now, probably shipping out by the end of the year. Scares the shit out of me, you know? He's family, and probably the one brother I'm really close to, despite all the shit we've put each other through.

TERRIFYING! HOW'S THE LOVE LIFE GOING?
Well, I'm straight, not that anyone really had any second thoughts about that, even if my some of my best friends are gay or make jokes. Up until this fall, I'd never had a girlfriend, not because I couldn't get one, but because I was waiting for the right girl. It sounds old fashioned but it's how I see things. Dating nowadays is just setting everyone up for future divorce, so I wanted to wait until I found the perfect girl, and I did. Ceren Ebio Sahin is probably the most amazing gal I've ever met, and I'm just lucky that she loves me right back.

WHAT ARE YOUR MAJOR GOALS AFTER GRADUATION?
Dad talked about me taking after him, but I think he's starting to lose faith in me. He doesn't really approve of how I'm "acting out" since Mikey left, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong at all. I guess if I had to say what I want to do, I'd love to play sports professionally. I love 'em. They make me feel like I'm doing something right for once. I should probably have a fall-back though, just in case I get hurt or something.

BEFORE WE GO, WHAT'S YOUR BIG SECRET?
I'm a pretty open person, so I don't really see any secrets I could have.

I'm dyslexic. I've been able to skate by almost my whole life without anyone noticing too much, they all just think I'm kind of stupid, which just goes with the 'dumb hick' personality I seem to have. My teachers don't really say or do anything about it, because if my grades slip too much, I can't play sports, and seeing as how I captain about every team we have, they'd be pretty shit out of luck. Even my family doesn't really know, even if they suspect it.

AND WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON SECRET SAFE?
I don't know. Really I think it's pretty goofy, but it can be funny sometimes. I'm really amazed Cer and I didn't wind up on there before we went public. I know a couple friends of mine have had some bad shit happen because of that site, so, if you're reading this, Mysterious Person Who Runs Secret Safe, cut them some slack, yeah?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
Be seeing you around. Go Woodchucks!

Out Of Character

Name: Jackal
Gender / Age: Keeper of the vagina, 26
Contact Info: The OOC box, AIM or Skype (jay0fthedead)
Other Characters: ALL THE CHARACTERS! _o/
User Title: The Golden Boy

--------------------
{
“Natures first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief, so dawn goes down today. Nothing gold can stay.”
- Robert Frost
}
PM
^
Le Tay
 Posted: Oct 16 2012, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

The Good Cop

"N/A"

N/A

welcome
to landsburg high
Welcome to Chicago and congratulations on becoming a Lansburg Woodchuck! Don't forget to claim your face and any club or sport positions you'd like. We hope you enjoy your time spent with us, and as always, your secret's safe with me.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

ic cbox on/off

TOGGLE SIDEBAR CREDITED TO SUBDEVO. TABBED SIDEBAR CREDITED TO KISMET OF RPG-D.