Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

BUCHANAN, Katherine Annalise, The Unstable Ingenue
Katherine Annalise Buchanan
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

The Unstable Ingenue

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Katherine Annalise Buchanan
Nicknames Kat, Kate, Katie, Katiebug, Bug, "Dove" by Collin
Birthday January 18th
Birthplace Seattle, Washington
Age Fifteen
School You Attend Landsburg High
Current Grade Junior
Height 5'8"
Build Very thin, athletic muscle
Distinguishing Features Hair that bounces between blonde and brown; blue-grey eyes; a bit too thin for her frame
Playby Emma Roberts

Family

• Dale Buchanan, father
  • Ginger Buchanan, nee Petros, mother
  • Jackson Buchanan, brother
  • Elizabeth Buchanan, sister
  • Caroline Buchanan, sister

The Interview

WHY DON'T WE GET THE BASICS OUT OF THE WAY.
Hey, my name's Katherine Annalise Buchanan; it's long-winded and pretty waspy, I know. There's not that much of a story behind any of those names, it's a boring name and I'm sure everyone else has some really interesting anecdotes about their names, but sadly, I don't. As for nicknames, pretty much any variation on Katherine you can think of works. Except Kathy, I don't think anyone's ever called me that. A couple people still call me "Midget" even though I'm quickly approaching non-midget heights, and some people call me Bug. That's about it.

Well, I'm fifteen, at least until January (Yes, I know I'm a baby - I'm the youngest in my grade.) and I'm a junior at Landsburg Public High School. I'm sort of tall, over five-and-a-half feet, have naturally mousy brown hair but I spend so much time outside it's usually a dark blonde. I have blue-grey eyes that tend to change to a lighter grey the lighter my hair gets. I'm in a ton of clubs at Landsburg and I do some sports, mostly swim team and track, and captaining the latter. I'm in cheer, which I turned down co-captaining, editor-in-chief of the school paper and student body vice-president, but I really don't know if I want to keep up with all of it, pretty sure they only offered me the positions because they feel sorry for me.

I HEAR YOU HAD QUITE THE CHILDHOOD...
First off, I should tell you about my family. Dad's a genius when it comes to computers and helped make some really neat stuff for his company over the years. He's kind of a nerdy-type but really likes to laugh a lot - way different from mom. Jackson, or Jackie as we call him, is the oldest. He's in college right now and lives on his own, but he comes back here to check on me when mom and dad are out of town. Right now, he's playing adopt-o-dad for my chocolate lab, Bogart. Caroline, or Carrie, is my younger sister and still in middle school. She's really quiet, especially lately. I think she took the news of Beth's death the hardest and is having a hard time trying to get back to normal.

I'm sure you know my family's not from around here by now, we moved to Chicago from Seattle about two years ago right when my older sister Beth was going into high school. I'm sure you know all about her too, everyone does now. She was the girl who died in the car crash last spring. Former cheerleader, pregnant... yeah, that was her. And now she's gone. Can we just not talk about that part? Thanks.

I wish there was some crazy reason behind why we moved here, but there really isn't. Dad's a computer whiz and his company wanted to transfer him from Seattle to Chicago to help start up their new facility. He wasn't really worried about me, Carrie or Jackie, we all tended to make friends wherever we went, Liz was the one that was sort of difficult. I always thought it was kind of weird how she never really fit in with the rest of us - even her name didn't fit into the rhyming nickname scheme. Guess it made sense when I found out she was my half-sister; Mom's kid, not Dad's.

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES?
Huh. I suck at coming up with these things. I guess I like the outdoors - camping, hiking, all that fun stuff. Love of computers kind of runs in my family and I'm no exception though I don't think I'm as gungho as my dad who's absolutely miserable that I'm not in computer club. I love-love-love mac'n'cheese from Eleven City, foreign films and anything retro, I even have a part time job at the local art house theatre.

God, I hate spiders, like, absolutely loathe. I'm not scared of them, I just think they're gross. Snakes too. Anything slimy or with too many legs will make my skin crawl really. I hate humidity, mostly because it tends to put a damper on most of the outdoorsy things I like to do. I don't like taking medicine at all, and will downright refuse to be medicated if possible, which isn't really plausible at all, given my condition.

HOW ABOUT SOME TURN ONS AND TURN OFFS?
I've never really thought about it, but I'll try to list a few.

I love accents, there's something about them that I just find really intriguing. It's strange but I've always been attracted to smokers, even casual ones, since before I actually ever had one. I find something about te scent to be comforting, I suppose. I love to cuddle, even wIth my friends, though there is something much better when in the arms of someone you love.

As for turn-offs, egotism can be, especially hen its crushingly obvious. But the same can be said of being too humble. A nice medium is always good. Untidiness is a big turn-off as is greasy hair. Insert Snape joke here. I guess the biggest turn-off though is just being wholly spineless. Sometimes you just have to speak up and state your piece, otherwise people will just walk all over you.

I HEAR YOU'VE GOT SOME NASTY HABITS...
I don't know really. I chew gum a lot, but I don't really 'smack' or 'pop' it. I tend to talk over people before they're done talking, and most of the time people think that I wasn't listening to them in the first place, which totally isn't true. Im wholly capable of multitasking, its not my fault you're long winded. I tend to leap before I look, which I'm sure everyone in town knows by now, and I suck at keeping my cool - I've been called something of a livewire. I fall in love too hard, to the point that it's painful sometimes, but I has a tendency to fall so hard there's no way back out.

WHAT ABOUT PHOBIAS? HAVE ANY OF THOSE?
I am terrified of Jason Voorhees. Yes, I know he's an imaginary character in a movie series, but he's still scary. I mean, he's the one cinematic serial killer that you actually feel bad for, which somehow makes him even scarier to me. Other than that, I'm not really scared of a lot of things. Well, bears. Jason and bears. Yes, bears. They're not much of a threat here, but when we would go camping when I was little, you could hear them everywhere. Awful noise, one which I'd rather never hear again.

TERRIFYING! HOW'S THE LOVE LIFE GOING?
Um, I really don't feel comfortable talking about this one, but pretty much everything you woul need to know is listed on the Internet, so I might as well indulge you. I've had a grand total of two boyfriends - Gaston Schroder and Sean Rourke. Neither ended the best of ways. I am, however, still friends with them both. I am also currently single an intend on staying that was after the multiple fiascos that occurred last year.

WHAT ARE YOUR MAJOR GOALS AFTER GRADUATION?
I really don't know yet. I know I don't want to work with computers, it just seems so boring. I guess I'd love to act, or sing, so maybe Broadway? I really want to go to Hollywood first, not sure why. I just feel that Broadway is where you go once you've made it, not the the other way around, though most don't agree with me. Also, I've thought about testing out early - why waste time in school when everything they're teaching, I've known for years?

BEFORE WE GO, WHAT'S YOUR BIG SECRET?
I'm not a natural blonde? I don't know, almost everything about my life is on Secret Safe of you're that curious. Nine times of ten, the things said about me are factual. Yes, even the glitter incident, though the accusations about me and Kayla being secret lovers is entirely off base.

The only real secret Katie has left is that she and Collin Yates dated through her freshman war of high school. The two have been in contact with each other since his return to Chicago. While she is still most definitely in love with Collin, she feels her emotions regarding Gaston are wholly unresolved. Also, not as big of a secret but mainly just not something she broadcasts, but Katie suffers from crippling anxiety issues and is prescribed Xanax for the disorder. She tries not to, but occasionally mildly abuses the perscruption to combat her nerves. More recently, through extended sessions with her therapist, it has been revealed that she suffers from severe BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).

AND WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON SECRET SAFE?
Last year, Gaston and I unsubscribed to the updates because it was slowly ruining our relationship, but in the end I realized it's only a website. It's the people who submit things that make it possible, so in the end we're only ruining ourselves.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
Yeah, it's been great. Don't forget to come to the next drama production!

Out Of Character

Name: The Jackal
Gender / Age: Vajazzle. 27.
Contact Info: The OOC box or PM me to get my AIM.
Other Characters: Ariel, Dani, Dorian, Josh, Mari and Sterling.
User Title: The Unstable Ingenue

--------------------
{
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
-Marilyn Monroe
}
PMEmail Poster
^
Das Staniel
 Posted: Oct 6 2012, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

The Bad Cop

"The eagle suffers little birds to sing."

N/A

welcome
to landsburg high
Welcome to Chicago and congratulations on becoming a Lansburg Woodchuck! Don't forget to claim your face and any club or sport positions you'd like. We hope you enjoy your time spent with us, and as always, your secret's safe with me.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

ic cbox on/off

TOGGLE SIDEBAR CREDITED TO SUBDEVO. TABBED SIDEBAR CREDITED TO KISMET OF RPG-D.